As we reflect on the year past we wanted to take this opportunity to thank you. Thanks to supporters like you, 2018 was another successful and exciting year at SensorUp. We’ve been hard at work helping our customers forge ahead and deploy a wide range of new intelligent IoT solutions, ranging from Dept. of Homeland Security’s Next Generation First Responders to helping build geospatial intelligence into the rail industry and smart cities. We are thrilled that you’ve chosen to join us on this amazing IoT journey — it’s our customers and partners that continue to push us to innovate and constantly improve our products and services.
We had many successes in 2018. Here’s a few we’d like to share:
- In the first half of 2018, we took part in Creative Destruction Lab-Rockies. We made it through 5 elimination rounds and were asked to present at the CDL Supersession in Toronto.
- As a result of CDL, we went on to raise a significant Series Seed financing from Vanedge Capital and others in March. The financing is allowing us to further product development, develop vertical solutions for Industrial, First Responders, and Smart Cities and accelerate our go to market strategy.
- In May, we were awarded the 2018 NATO Defence Innovation Challenge for our secure federation of IoT devices.
- In June, the OGC SensorThings API Part II — Tasking passed the approval voting and became an official OGC standard. SensorUp’s Dr. Steve Liang and Dr. Tania Khalafbeigi are the editors of the standard. We were named 2018 StartUp of the Year at NORTH51 Connect, hosted by TECTERRA.
- By September, we launched our new company website and were featured in Business In Calgary — The IT Revolution and University of Calgary Energize.
- October was a big month for us as we welcomed our new CEO, Geoff Mair. Geoff brings vast experience from managing startups and raising venture capital. Geoff built and sold a successful software business called Partnerpedia to BMC Software and worked as part of the investment team at Vanedge.
- And finally, this Fall, we were invited to participate in the Plug & Play IoT cohort. The program gave us the opportunity to present at the Plug and Play Winter Summit where we were exposed to a significant number of potential corporate customers as well as top-tier investors.
As we look back upon the past year, we would like to acknowledge those who have helped us shape our business. It’s been quite a year for us all! We hope that 2018 has been just as memorable for you, your colleagues and your loved ones.
SensorUp wishes you a warm and cozy end of the year, surrounded by friends and family, and all the best for 2019.